Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Free Education!

As some of you may know, iTunes (and probably a good number of other programs or websites) offer free podcasts of different types of content. Somewhat recently, colleges and universities have started posting free podcasts of classes on iTunes. Schools like Yale, Princeton, and Oxford are offering either free class lectures for entire semesters of class or free discussion and debates on issues.

These are fantastic! Well, they're fantastic to me because usually I spend a lot of time in my car listening to NPR because most of the music on the radio seems pretty repetitive. My current favorite is Covenant Theological Seminary's podcast of New Testament History. They also offer Old Testament History, Ancient & Medieval Church History, and Introduction to Biblical Theology. Of course, I know all of these things already as an ordained pastor...but a little reminder now and then never hurts!

No comments: